Ultrix and samba

Joe Matuscak matuscak at rohrer.com
Wed Feb 18 18:23:55 GMT 1998

>Dear Samba users,
>
>we want to install samba on a Digital DECstation 5000/120 to use it as a
>server for our PCs.
>Does anyone know how to install samba on that machine with ULTRIX V4.2
>(Rev. 96) or has a binary install package that we can use?

Ive been using samba with Ultrix 4.4 for some time, and I think it was
running when we had 4.2.  Im using samba 1.9.15p3, and from my notes all I
needed to do to build it was:

1) Change the location of the man pages from usr/local/man to
/usr/man to work better with the Ultrix man program.

# *JGM* MANDIR = /usr/local/man
MANDIR = /usr/man

2) Change the default shell from sh to sh5.

# *JGM* SHELL = /bin/sh
SHELL = /bin/sh5

3) Uncomment the lines that define the build to be for Ultrix.

We use it to access the 5000 from Win95, WinNT and WfWg machines.

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281