Samba FAQ 3.8 - stale href link

Paul W Blackman Paul_W_Blackman at enterprise.canberra.edu.au
Wed Feb 18 06:40:01 GMT 1998

---------------------- Forwarded by Paul W Blackman/UC/CRCFE on 18/02/98
16:41 ---------------------------

volker_borchert at teknon.de on 13/02/98 04:21:54

To:   ictinus at lake.canberra.edu.au
cc:    (bcc: Paul W Blackman/UC/CRCFE)
Subject:  Samba FAQ 3.8 - stale href link

Hi Paul,
I recently installed Samba and promptly stumbled over the NT 4.0sp3
password
problem. Of course, being mainly a Unix Guy (TM), I didn't even
recognize
that the sole difference between the machines I could connect from and
those
I could not connect from was sp3 being present or not. (We have just
started
installing sp3 throughout our net.)
After mucking around for an hour or so, I checked the FAQ, and found the
solution in 3.8. However, the link to the MS Knowledge base has gone
stale.
I have not been able to access the page, or even
http://www.microsoft.com/kb/.
Netscape 3.01 on sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3 dumps core, and even MS IE somehow
gets
into an infinite redirect loop and chokes.
As the file WinNT.txt contains all information necessary to fix the
issue,
at least with samba-1.9.18p2, I suggest to augment or even replace the
MS
link with one to this file.
Anyway, I think Samba is great and a Very Good Thing To Have (TM).
Thanks,
     vb
--
"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy
<mccoy at ncc1701.starfleet.fed>