WinnDD and samba printing

Franky Van Liedekerke franky.vanliedekerke at mcd.alcatel.be
Thu Feb 12 15:07:25 GMT 1998

Hi,

I'm using WinDD 3.0 on NT3.5.1 (with Service Pack 5) and I'm trying
to use Samba to go to unix (solaris 2.5.1). Now everything works
except the printer stuff.
Somebody (Laurence C. Brevard) already gave a description on how to
do this, but this involved the following step:

  connect to your unix printer as administrator

The problem is: I can't connect to anything on Unix via Samba if I'm
administrator. I'm already using the following:

   username map = /home/samba/samba/lib/users.map
   admin users = root administrator

in smb.conf (content of users.map: root = administrator).
Does it have anything to do with the fact that the administrator is in
another (not NIS) domain than the NIS domain for the users?

Any suggestions?
--
Franky Van Liedekerke,
BSC System Support