wfw311 and samba

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Tue Feb 10 07:09:48 GMT 1998

At 15:26 10-02-98 +1100, Dave Wreski wrote:

>Hi all.  I'm trying to set up a wfw311 workstation for samba-1.9.17 on a
>Linux box.
>
>I can't get it to connect, but I think I know the reason.  I have no
>TCP/IP installed on the wfw box.  Does this come with wfw311 or is it
>something I need to download from MS?  I found the wfwt32.exe upgrade, but
>it doesn't have the winsock and and installation program -- it appears to
>only be an upgrade.

It is not. It is a driver disk. You install it like another protocol
driver. It has am oemsetup.inf file which will take care of this for you.

You will then have setup dialogs which will allow you to assign IP address,
etc.

BTW, why not Win95? WfW is soooo unstable!
Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail:		mailto:rmeyer at mhsc.com
Personalweb pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:	http://www.mhsc.com/