lmhosts questions (answered?)

Panyarak Aaron Ngamsritragul panya at me.psu.ac.th
Fri Dec 4 15:59:49 GMT 1998

Many thanks to Steve to have answered my questions.
I have copied the /etc/hosts to /usr/local/samba/lib/lmhosts
and at the moment it works fine.  As I am also running
DNS, so I do not have to put all the names of clients
into lmhosts file.  What I have to do is just add the
name of those machines which are not in the same subnet.

As for LMHOSTS.SAM, someone told me that I have to get one
from NT server which I have none here.  Steve has pointed
out that it is also available in Win95, and I have found
it there too !

I am now trying samba-2.0beta2...

Panyarak Ngamsritragul
Department of Mechanical Engineering