Perl code to generate Samba passwd hashes?

Marlys Nelson marlys.a.nelson at uwrf.edu
Sat Aug 29 13:30:04 GMT 1998

Does anyone have perl code that can generate the Samba passwd hashes
from a clear text password?

I'm aware of the smbpasswd command that comes with Samba but that
isn't the best tool for my purposes.  I have a local account
creation/deletion software that already handles encypting the password
to generate unix /etc/passwd files and I need to be able to do the
same for the Samba passwd file as well.

--
Marlys A. Nelson                      Sr. Systems Programmer
Information Technology Services       Network Services
410 South Third Street                Email: Marlys.A.Nelson at uwrf.edu
River Falls  WI  54022                http://www.uwrf.edu/