NT4/samba question

Zane Vanselow enaz at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:15:19 GMT 1998

Hello,

I was wondering if any knowledgeable people might have the answer to
this question. We've configured samba on a sun unix machine running
5.5.1.  We can connect and login, without any problems, from our Win98
boxes.  However, we cannot login or map drives from the network
neighborhood from our Windows NT workstations. The error is: "Account is
not authorized to login from this station."

Here's a copy of my smb.conf file.

[global]
        workgroup = fast
        guest account = nobody

[netlogon]
        guest ok = yes

[profiles]
        path = /export/home/print
        guest ok = yes
[public]
        path = /export/home/print
        public = yes
        only guest = yes
        writable = yes
        printable = no

I also tried putting in the global section:
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes

and no go. One *key* point is that we can manually map the drives
through the DOS window by typing something like this:

net use z: \\<servername>\<service>

This works fine and then we're able to see the drive from Explorer, and
delete from Explorer as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

 -Zane Vanselow