NT4 performance in Netware primary login. >

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Tue Aug 11 11:37:27 GMT 1998

Peter de Groot wrote:
> Copying a  5 Mbyte file from \\samba_server to c:\temp
> takes approx 10 secs on a W95 box and over 3 MINUTES on the
> "hot" NT machine... Mmmmmm......

	Oy veh!
	Is a large files transferred in 20 seconds and 20
	minutes, or 20 seconds and 10 1/6 minutes?
	(that's the kind of thing I was asking about)

	I don't see this problem appearing a lot
	in the list... is there anything unusual about
	your systems?

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb at hobbes.ss.org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb