Samba Weird One

Edward Garbowski, Jr. exg at sabinmetal.com
Wed Aug 5 18:31:16 GMT 1998

Hello all!

I have a strange one that I really need help with:  I have samba p8 running
on SCO Unix openserver 5.0.4.  The rest of our network is Windows 95/NT 4.0
with our domain called 'SABINMETAL'.  One of the NT workstations (named HELM
with a user called steve) was working, but now it is doing the following:

if steve logs onto the SABINMETAL domain, he cannot get to the Unix server
through network neighboorhood.
if steve logs onto the HELM domain, he can get to the Unix server, but he
can't map his home directory.
if I log onto the same machine onto the SABINMETAL domain, I can get to the
Unix server.
if steve logs onto the SABINMETAL domain on a different machine, he can get
to the Unix server.

The only really bad combination is steve logging into the SABINMETAL domain
from his machine.

I NEED help with this one.  Is it samba?  or is it NT permissions?
HELP?!?!?!

Thanks.

Ed Garbowski