Codepage 850 question

Robert Koruna robert.koruna at tiwag.co.at
Wed Apr 29 16:55:43 GMT 1998

Hi,

I run samba very happily, but now I recognized problems with
restoring files from a tape.

If I use certain german characters, like äöü (hope you can read
them), it builds file this "Verkn\201pfung". I can use this files
from the sambaclient, but I can't access or delete this files out of
Linux.
I used client codepage = 850

Now I found out, that if I use the options

character set = iso8859-1
valid characters = 228 196 246 214 252 220 223 183 126

it would work for me.
Problem is I can't even see the files I have build befor I used this
two new options.
I have about 10 Gigs of files on my server, the half of it with this
characters. So I don't want to change them by hand.
Any suggestions ???

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Robert Koruna <robert.koruna at tiwag.co.at>