samba-1.9.17p1 MS-Access 2.0 / wfw311 problems

KNIGHT MARK mark.knight at mmsuk.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 12:26:16 GMT 1997

Just a note to report that the problems I was experiencing with
samba-1.9.16p9 and MS-Access are still occurring under samba-1.9.17p1.

That is, when I have a database stored on a samba drive, complete with the
'mda' workgroup file, various operations fail due to locking. If I copy the
mda file to my local hard disc, these problems disappear.

Error messages indicate that it is my user on my computer that is causing
the locking problem. Example operations include renaming a table, or saving
a relationship layout.

Other information:

     Server: SunOS 4.1.4
     Client: WfW 3.11