Samba Problems

Boorman Tim Boorman.Tim at Lusis.com
Wed Sep 24 16:01:39 GMT 1997

I have a couple of problems with Samba that I would appreciate help
with:

1. Since installing version 1.9.17p1, error messages such as "ERROR:
set_share_mode: failed to ftruncate share mode file
/var/smb/locks/share.9175085.1500224 to size 42 (Permission denied)" are
appearing in log.smb.

2. When a directory on a UNIX machine contains a file named *, this file
appears with the name ~16 in Windows Explorer. If this file is deleted
using Windows Explorer, all the files in the directory on the UNIX
machine are deleted.

Regards,
	Tim