Printing on Solaris...lpsched's periodic death

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Fri Sep 19 14:45:47 GMT 1997

This may not be strictly Samba related, but since we all do printing from
Samba, I figured this would be the best place to find the answer.

Our Samba print/file server is running on Solaris 2.5.  Every once in a
while the /usr/lib/lpsched process dies.  Print jobs seem to go through
from the client viewpoint as if the server was accepting, but of course,
nothing on the server is really accepting the print jobs.  Anything I can
do to cure its frequent death?

-Ernie
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276