MS mail shared folders

Erwin Authried eauth at softsys.co.at
Thu Sep 18 17:20:59 GMT 1997

Thank you for your hint. I have upgraded to 1.9.17 to test
MS mail shared folders, with sharing, locking enabled and
with "fake oplocks = yes".
MS mail seems to work, but a lot of other things that worked
before (1.9.16) didn't work anymore:

Word 6.0 couldn't save documents, Visual C++ 4.0
reported sharing violations, and changes to files could
only be saved at the second attempt. So I returned to my
original configuration, without fake oplocks. Now everything
seems to work fine.
My question is: If an application uses opportunistic locking,
is it necessary to turn fake oplocks on ? Or are "fake oplocks"
just here for optimization?

-Erwin

--
Erwin Authried