DCE DFS Samba...

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Wed Sep 17 14:40:14 GMT 1997

At last! Someone who knows what I'm talking about! Thanks for the
response. Let's start with what I'm running...

I'm running in a mixed environment, DFS is on a Sun SparcServer 2000
(5.5.1) , and CDS/SEC is on Digital Unix. We have HP, SUN, and Cray
clients.

Samba is compiled on the DFS server.

Anyway, I notice that I get no debug messages in the logs from dfs_auth, I
specifically looked through the code, and then my logs.

It's almost like they're not called. I also get 'become_user: already
user' alot, even thought smbd is still running as root. As such, I can see
/.../cellname/fs, but have no permissions to it (root get's the 'self'
creds for the host).

I have 'log level = 4' in smb.conf, and still get no DCE debug messages.

What fixes did you have to make? Could I have a look?

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753