DCE DFS Samba...

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Wed Sep 10 19:48:29 GMT 1997

Is anyone out there using samba to access DCE DFS global filespace? It
compiled great (samba1.9.17/Solaris2.5.1/gcc2.6.3), but from a pc I don't
seem to have the proper credentials. Samba seems to authenticate me fine
(no login errors) and I can see the /.../cellname, but I can't see
anything in it. I believe I have some credentials (I think I'm getting the
principal credentials for the host?, since smbd is running as root?), or I
wouldn't have access to:

/.../cellname

but I do.

Any help out there?

---from my smb.conf---

[dce_root]
comment = DCE Filespace
path = /.../cellname.ford.com/fs
browseable = no
writeable = yes
guest ok = no

---clip---
                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753