incomplete browse list (and samba not visible in wg)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Sep 8 14:32:57 GMT 1997

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Simon Oosthoek wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with our samba server "Margo". This is (usually
> and currently) the only samba (linux) server in the workgroup.

> I'm wondering if it is a configuration problem or some problem (bug?) in
> the smb protocol (or an implementation of it).

oh, probably.  1.9.17 is the "browse fix series".  therefore, we want to
sort these things out.

> Of course, I'd be happy to supply smb.conf

for now, please do.  plus your version of linux.  plus your subnet / mask
details.  plus subnet / mask details of your clients, and which WINS
server - if any - they are using.  plus the lines from you log.smb file at
debug log level... 4 or so, i think, containing the "interfaces =" line.
plus if you've any NT servers, and what their roles are.

> and log-files of requested
> detail (but I don't have logs of the problem at this time).

later.

luke