Problems with 1.9.17p2

ben at samba1.nrl.navy.mil ben at samba1.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Oct 24 18:04:42 GMT 1997

	I have experienced some of these symptoms using 95 clients that use a
Samba box for WINS resolution.  I upgraded from 1.9.16p11 to 1.9.17p3 using
the same configurations and discovered that the server would disappear from
the network neighborhood at random sometime after connecting.  On some
occasions the server would never appear.  On occasions when it did not
appear connections set up to reconnect at log on would fail, but I was able
to reconnect using net use.

	The problem has not occur for systems on the same subnet.

	Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

	Thanks,

	Ben Fornshell