Integrating Win95 and Samba

Joerg Lenneis lenneis at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Oct 13 07:09:23 GMT 1997

paquet at seac.pf writes:

> First of all, many thanks to all of you for the answers. The only ISP
> of Tahiti was down these days :( and this is why my questions seemed
> redundant.
>
> Anyway, here is what I'm currently doing : I have a login script template
> and a regsitry template that I edit using sed (using the root preexec
> directive) each time a user logs in. I now have remote-only profiles,
> no passord caching et al. That's GREAT !!
>
> Now I want to have the applications configured automatically. One of
> the main app is the Netscape Navigator. Gerald said :
>
> > When you get the roaming profiles working, this happens automatically.
>
> Not for me : I have to manually configure the user's folders, pop
> username ... The only idea I have is to add a value to HKLM/S/W/CV/Run
> that would load a set of preferences into the reg once the user has
> logged on. I don't find this too cute ... Any opinion ? (note that
> changing the Netscape entries for the .Default user entry works but it
> is not used when a new user comes in )

[ ... ]

Is this Netscape version 4.xx ? In that case, there is a file called
prefs.js in the Netscape directory that has to be used for the kind of
options you listed. "Netscape directory" means the directory where
mail, bookmarks, history files etc. are stored. It could be set to a
user's home directory in order to get a per-user specific
configuration.

--

Joerg Lenneis

email: lenneis at wu-wien.ac.at