OPLOCKS....

Robert Dal Santo robert at psy.uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 8 01:14:58 GMT 1997

	Hi, I have an application under Access that is running dead slow. I've
done some testing and it appears that Access really likes to use OPLOCKS which
of course Samba does not support.

	Is there any work underway to get Samba to support OPLOCKS? I know they are
difficult to implement but I'm faced with a decisions now to buy an NT box
(Ugh!) or do a lot of messing around to get this application to perform
decently. The application in questions takes around 5 hours to do a taks
without OPLOCKS and around an hour to do the same task with OPLOCKS :(

	Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Robert