How do I use multiple NT password servers

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Nov 28 17:09:16 GMT 1997

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, John E. Jurgess wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a need to have multiple password servers in the smb.conf file.  Is there
> a way to accomplish this.

except by setting up multiple samba servers, or using:

file called /usr/local/samba/smb.conf

[global]

	include = /usr/local/samba/smb.conf.%m

file called /usr/local/samba/smb.conf.machine1

	password server = nt_machine1

etc.

the reason for this is that the first communication with the SMB server
does not contain the username or any other useful info.

you could _maybe_ do it by NIS netgroup, resolved from the machine name.

luke