Server string in Network Neighbourhood

Eloy A. Paris eparis at ven.ra.rockwell.com
Wed Nov 26 14:03:05 GMT 1997

Use the "server string" parameter in smb.conf. Probably you'll have to
upgrade to 1.9.17 to use this parm.

E.-

Geoff Sokoll <gdsokoll at wbmpl.com.au> wrote:
: Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the string that appears in browser lists restricted to being a single string without spaces, or can you include spaces ?

: I have samba v1.9.15p8 running on a SGI O2 system, and I'm accessing its filesystems from a W95 PC.

: I started off with the following line in my /etc/init.d/samba script
:    NMBD_OPTS="-C11th Floor SGI O2"
: which results in only 11th appearing as the comment in the "Network Neighbourhood" window in W95.  If I change the above line to
:    NMBD_OPTS='-C"11th Floor SGI O2"'
: all I get is "11th as the comment.  Am I doing something stupid or am I missing something here ?

: Geoff Sokoll

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department