Hosts disappearing from browser list

Pat Allen pat at mbari143.mbari.org
Tue Nov 18 22:46:48 GMT 1997

Hi everyone,

I'm scratching my head on this one. I'm running 1.9.17p2 on several
HP-UX 10.2 systems. Everything works great when samba is first started.
The systems show up in the browser as you would expect them to. Over the
course of time, they disappear from the browser window. You can still
get to them via the Find Computer option but not through the browser.
I've got
 socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE

I've even tried setting the keep alive value to 60 to see if that would
help. But no luck....

Killing the samba processes and restarting them will succeed in getting
the server back into the browser list. Does anyone have any suggestions?
THANKS!

Pat Allen (pat at mbari.org)
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
PO Box 168, 7700 Sandholdt Rd, Moss Landing, CA 95039
Phone (408) 775-1724; Fax (408) 775-1646; Pager (408) 759-4460