Compiling for HPUX10.20

Istvan Buki istvan.buki at euronet.be
Sat Nov 15 11:46:12 GMT 1997

> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:05:36 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jeff Newton <newton at pmc-sierra.bc.ca>
> To: samba at samba.anu.edu.au
> Subject: Compiling for HPUX10.20
>
> Can someone help me out compiling 1.9.17p2 for HPUX10.20?
>
> I used the following flags:
>
> FLAGSM = -DHPUX -DHPUX10 -D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_POSIX_SOURCE
> LIBSM =
>
> with gcc but I get nothing but errors.  Funny I had no problem
> compiling for Solaris 2.5.1 but it seems HPUX10.20 is WAY more
> particular.
>
> I can forward the list of errors but I figure all I need are the
> right flags.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ---
> Jeff Newton
> Unix Systems Administrator
> Computer Services
> PMC-Sierra Inc.

I had no problems at all compiling SAMBA on HP-UX 10.20 with gcc.
I used the default flags from the Makefile except the -Aa flag that I removed.
Did you compile gcc yourself ? My experience says to avoid precompiled gcc for HP.
If you compiled it yourself, did you install binutils and compile gcc with the gnu as support ?

In fact without more info it is difficult to say more about your problem.
If you need more info contact me at ibuki at fedex.com.

Istvan

Istvan Buki                 Tel: 32 2 734 71 76
Rue du Clocher, 20          e-mail: istvan.buki at euronet.be
1040 Bruxelles              home  : http://club.ib.be/istvan.buki