2 problems

Ricardo Ferraro G. da Silva rferraro at ci.rnp.br
Tue Nov 11 18:40:06 GMT 1997

Dear samba-folks,

 I have 2 problems.

 First, all the files that save raw data sent to be printed
doesn´t disapear from my printer service path
(/usr/spool/uucppublic), and then I have to run a cron job
everyday to empty this directory, but sometimes it is not
enough and I have to manually do that (the printing
intensive days...). How can I tell samba that after printed
these files can be deleted ?

 Second, in my subnet (255.255.255.224) I have one NT 4.0
server and 3 workstations running Solaris and samba
1.9.17p4. I can see the workstation clicking over the left
pannel of Explorer, opening the "Network Neighborhood" icon.
But when I try to map a new network drive, explorer lists
just the win95 machines. What could be the problem ?

 Ah ! I have also a Backup Domain Server in my NT Domain.

 I am using samba 1.9.17p4, compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3, and
follows my global and printers sections. I have another
services that appears to work well.

regards, Ricardo Ferraro.

[global]
   print command = /usr/ucb/lpr -r -P%p %s
   lpq command = /usr/ucb/lpq -P
   printer name  = lp
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   guest account = nobody
   workgroup = RNPRIO
   local master = false
   domain master = false
   wins support = false
   os level = 0
;  remote announce = 200.159.253.63
;  password server=icarai
;  security=server

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /usr/spool/uucppublic
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = no
   create mode = 0700

                            rferraro at botafogo.ci.rnp.br
                                      RNP 55+21+5278660
                                      Fax 55+21+5275685

        "Without the right information, you're just
             another person with an opinion"

                     Tracy O'Rourke, CEO, Allen-Bradley