Solution 6 via Samba

Louis Mandelstam lma at sacc.org.za
Tue Nov 4 08:41:18 GMT 1997

Good day -

I'll soon need to start moving a site's Accounts Dept from their aging
Netware server to a Linux server running Samba, and I'll need to get
Solution 6's MAS to run from a Samba share (I'll also move the client
machines from DOS to Windows 95 in the process.)

Has anyone done this?  I'd really like to hear about problems I should
expect.  I think locking may be one - I haven't tried to do serious
locking setups with Samba before.

Regards

Louis Mandelstam              Tel +27 83 229-0712   Symphony  /|\   /|\
Linux systems integration     http://sr.co.za       Research {   } {   }
Johannesburg, South Africa    mailto:louis at sr.co.za (Pty)Ltd {___} {___}