MS-Access problems with samba-1.9.16p9

Mark Knight markk at dgscm.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 10:18:03 GMT 1997

I've been using samba for a few years, and samba-1.9.16p9 since it was
released with no problems, on a network of about 10 pc's.

Recently I have started to use MS-Access 2.0. I have created a workgroup,
with the mda file on the samba drive.

Now when I attempt to copy a paste a Report1 to Report2, it tells me that
I 'markk' on 'mymachine' has 'it' locked. Most other operations work
fine, except these pastes.

I have options set for 'shared' and 'lock on edit'.

Interestingly, when I copy to mda file locally for a moment, I can then
perform the paste. Also, if several PC's open the database, only the
first user to open the files is shown in smbstatus's output.

Is this a problem with samba? If so is it fixed? If so, which version
should I upgrade to? I am looking for a reasonably stable release, but
have not been monitoring the list that carefully recently.

System is: Sun4m, SunOS 4.1.4.

Any assistance greatfully received.

Regards,