wtmp/utmp support

Louis Mandelstam lma at sacc.org.za
Tue Jul 15 08:46:02 GMT 1997

Good day -

I've checked where I can think to check, but I can find no mention of
wtmp/utmp being supported in the standard Samba release at all.

The closest I got was a posting from Joshua Lewis <jlewis at iosphere.net>
dated Fri, 19 Jul 1996 08:06:55 -0400 (EDT) (almost exactly a year ago)
which states in the final paragraph:

> On another note, look for UTMP/WTMP support in Samba soon.  I just sent
> Andrew the patch a few days ago.

Anyone know what became of this?

Would really help me if finger, who, w etc could correctly show last login
and current login data for users who access the box via Samba, not via
shell.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Louis Mandelstam              Tel +27 83 227-0712   Symphony  /|\   /|\
Linux systems integration     http://sr.co.za       Research {   } {   }
Johannesburg, South Africa    mailto:louis at sr.co.za (Pty)Ltd {___} {___}