concurrent logouts hanging

Celso Kopp Webber celsinho at inf.ufsc.br
Tue Aug 19 19:26:52 GMT 1997

	Hi all,

	Regarding to the problem below, I'm having it since 1.9.16p11, and
continue to have the same problem under the Alpha 4 and Alpha 5 series. I
have already set max mux = 50 on my smb.conf file, but the problem
persists.

	I had also posted this same problem (loggin with the same user on
two or more machines), but no one responded. But I found one way to joke
with Win95: I included the USER.DAT file in the "veto files =" list. The
machines can't save the users' preferences, but I can make my personalized
menus and desktop icons be loaded from a read-only directory on the samba
server, so that common users don't delete them on Win95.

	That's all. Thanks for any help or comments.

	Celso.

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, James Robnett wrote:
>
> >    Everything appears to work fine except for one peculiar case which we
> > discovered while testing a new lab.  If the same user logs into 2 or more
> > clients at the same time then only the one which logged in first can log out.
> > The other client(s) will hang waiting for explorer to close.  Killing
> > explorer won't help, the machine has to reboot.
>
> i have five simultaneous "guest" users logging in with mandatory profiles
> here at the cafe.  this is with alpha5.
>
> please let me know if you have the same problem with alpha5.
>
> luke

Stolen from an Internet user:
"f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"

| Celso Kopp Webber                                  |
| e-mail: celsinho at inf.ufsc.br                       |
| Federal University of Santa Catarina               |
| Florianopolis-SC         Brazil                    |