Compile problems - Solaris 2.6

Jeff Newton newton at pmc-sierra.bc.ca
Tue Aug 19 16:32:41 GMT 1997

I'm trying to compile samba-1.9.16p11 on a Sparc20 running Solaris 2.6

I've uncommented all the appropriate Solaris 2 makefile entries but I am puzzled
by the following error.

----Begin output-----

In file included from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
                 from includes.h:153,
                 from server.c:22:
/usr/include/sys/model.h:32: #error "No DATAMODEL_NATIVE specified"
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `server.o'

----End output-----

Has anyone encountered this error?  Perhaps it is something specific to 2.6.  I
haven't tried to compile on 2.5.1 yet to test this theory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

---
Jeff Newton