SAMBA digest 1387

Seth Vidal skvidal at ehc.edu
Fri Aug 15 17:42:37 GMT 1997

Hi all,.
I have the following problem that you might be able help me with.

I have a set of users (user1 user2 user3 user4)

Each with a home dir on my Unix box.

When [homes] is mounted there is no problem. All work fine to read and
write.

However whenever I login to the unix box as one of those users all of the
files/dirs that were made via samba are owned by root with the group being
the login group of the user. As well the permissions on the file are set to
rw-r-S---

This doesn't help me b/c I can't access the files as the local user on the
Unix box.

I have tried setting force user = %U under homes
but it does not help.

This is my homes share

[homes]
   comment=Home Directories