Samba errors?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at cb1.com
Mon Aug 11 19:34:55 GMT 1997

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Spiros B. wrote:

> Also, invalid users is a (S) feature and not global according to the manual, but
> both services have to be placed on the global section in order to be read by the
> daemon. testparm executable program shows me that fact as soon as I place the
> services in [Global].

just had a closer look at this.  grep for lp_invalid_users() in the
source.  you will find that "invalid users" comes up as a
FN_LOCAL_STRING(), and that it takes a SNUM() - a service - as a parameter.

if you place service parameters in the [global] section, then they become
*defaults* for any services that you create, over-riding the compile-time
defaults for any services that you create.  [note to djf - this answers
your question that you asked a few weeks ago, while writing your win32
smb.conf generator].

luke