Samba Faxing..........

Martin Huber hu at garfield.m.isar.de
Sun Aug 10 17:38:53 GMT 1997

On Fri, 08 Aug 97 17:28:51 GMT simon_king at hertscc.gov.uk wrote:

>      Has anyone come up with a decent faxfilter script that actually works
>      when use Samba + Mgetty/Sendfax.
>
>      I can print to Samba printers from Windows with no problems, and I can
>      use the faxspool command to send postscript files as faxes from a
>      Linux box.   The only part I can't get to work is the vital link
>      between the Samba printer and faxspool.

I use the responder from
    http://infaut.et.uni-magdeburg.de/~horstf/
This is a windows client which will popup when a fax is sent and ask for
the recipients fax number and (optionally) the name of the sender and receiver.

The link between samba and faxspool is a perl script supplied there.
I did not get to work the version of the pearl script one year ago under
Solaris 2.5, so I wrote a C program doing this job. I know it to run
under Solaris and linux, and it should work on other systems as well.

Let me know if you need it.

  Martin