sysvol replication between samba4 AD DCs problems

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 07:13:47 MDT 2012

Hi list,
I'm trying to use the sync_dc script from Matthiew Patou (see
attachment) to sync the sysvol partition between my samba4 AD DCs but I
have some problems with rsync.

I added some debug info to better understand what's happening and below
there's the output which tells me that KDC01$ has no premissions to read
the sysvol partition on kdc02 DC.

Can anyone please help me understanding the problem?

Thanks,
Daniele.

[root at kdc01:~]# ./sync_dc
random sleep ... done
getting KDC01 credentials ... done
skipping sync ourselves
trying to ping kdc02 ... ok
syncing from kdc02 ... receiving incremental file list
rsync: opendir "/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol" failed: Permission
denied (13)
sysvol/

sent 17 bytes  received 452 bytes  312.67 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
(code 23) at main.c(1526) [generator=3.0.7]
failed (code 23)
starting csync ... done