When was 'session setup' introduced? (propose to change server-side min protocol to match)

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Tue May 29 20:24:26 MDT 2012

SessionSetupAndX was introduced in LAN Manager v1.0, the first OS/2 version
of the protocol.  The Core Protocol does not support SessionSetupAndX.  See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee442101

You do realize that this is the first time ever that we will have disabled
support for a dialect.  ...and that Windows servers still support this dialect.

Also, the ProcessExit was declared Obsolete with the first LAN Manager
dialect.  See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee441561

This is significant, because ProcessExit works on the assumption that FIDs
are owned by the processes (identified by the PID) that opened them.  That
assumption was dropped with LAN Manager 1.0.  Under LAN Manager, open FIDs
could be shared between processes within the same session.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org