TDB1 test failures on ia64/mipsel/sparc

Rusty Russell rusty at samba.org
Thu May 24 07:21:42 MDT 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012 12:03:10 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> Debian runs the tdb testsuite on all platforms where tdb is built. As of
> some time ago, the tdb1-run-transaction-expand test has started failing
> on ia64, mipsel and sparc.

Fascinating!  Since these tests were turned on recently, it probably
always failed.  It's worth tracking down.

It should be printing out file and line number of the failure to stderr,
then the condition which failed. I just tested it here, by inserting a
failure, and it works:

...tdb1-run-3G-file
...tdb1-run-bad-tdb-header
...tdb1-run
...tdb1-run-check
...tdb1-run-corrupt
...tdb1-run-die-during-transaction
...tdb1-run-endian
...tdb1-run-incompatible
...tdb1-run-nested-transactions
...tdb1-run-nested-traverse
...tdb1-run-no-lock-during-traverse
...tdb1-run-oldhash
...tdb1-run-open-during-transaction
...tdb1-run-readonly-check
...tdb1-run-rwlock-check
...tdb1-run-summary
...tdb1-run-transaction-expand
tdb1-run-transaction-expand failed:
tdb1-run-transaction-expand: ../test/run-transaction-expand.c:66:!tdb

There's no explicit exit(1) in that test that I can find...

Confused,
Rusty.