centOS 6.2/RHEL6.2 - ctdb error - tcp port 445 not responding

harold pena haroldpena at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 00:22:45 MDT 2012

To whom it may concern,

I am trying to configure csmb, on centOS6/RHEL6 with kernel version 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 without any success
I am having a problem bring up ctdb, when I include the "clustering = yes" option in the smb.conf file.
Whenever I have that option set, the ctdb scriptstatus command will display 50.samba OUTPUT:ERROR: Samba tcp port 445 is not responding

If I comment out the "clustering = yes" option, the cluster nodes come up. Any ideas, I have read and followed the instructions on http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/GFS_CTDB_HowTo and the Redhat documentation without any success
I am testing this in a virtual environment thru ESXi 5, all nodes are fresh installs

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
HP