(flakey autobuild) s3:torture: add idmap_tdb_common test code

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 1 05:22:26 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 11:08 +0200, Christian Ambach wrote:
> +#define TESTDB "/tmp/idmap_test.tdb"
> +

Christian,

I'm sorry, but I've had to revert the invocation of this test, as it was
causing a flakey autobuild.

The reason is the above:  You must never write to a filesystem location
outside out test prefix during make test.  In this case it failed with a
segfault due to:

+       ctx->db = db_open(ctx, TESTDB, 0, TDB_DEFAULT,
+                         O_RDWR | O_CREAT | O_EXCL, 0600,
+                         DBWRAP_LOCK_ORDER_1);
+
+       if(dbwrap_transaction_start(ctx->db) != 0) {
+               DEBUG(0, ("Failed to start transaction!\n"));
+               return false;
+       }

On sn-devel, once you ran your autobuild, others were prevented from
doing so until /tmp was cleaned up.  This also violates similar promises
we make to our build farm hosts, that we will not do things outside our
build prefix.

(If you or anyone else can find any other users of /tmp, please let me
know so I can fix them).

Sorry,