dbwrap_record_watch_send/recv

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Feb 17 04:58:37 MST 2012

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> > http://git.samba.org/?p=vl/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dbwrap_record_watch
> >
> > Comments?
>
> That looks like a really nice infrastructure!
> It'll really help a lot to cleanup our code.

Indeed! The cleanup and simplification of the  g_lock code
with this mechanism is already impressive. It is a really
good and natural abstraction of the various mechanisms for
waiting for a record entry to become available, etc.
I also especially like the clean (and async) new
ctdb_conn  (replacement for ctdbd_conn).

> I have just a few cosmetic remarks:
>
> When first reading the name 'msg_stream', I'm a bit confused, because
> it could imply that we're using some sort of stream sockets.
> After reading the code my impression that 'msg_channel' could be a
> better name,
> but I'm not a native speaker...(Native speakers please comment on this)
> What do you think about this?

Not being a native speaker either, I think this is a really good
proposal. I was also somewhat confused by the name. For me, the name
"msg_channel" seems to nicely reflect the concept implemented.

Cheers - Michael