[SCM] s3-build: expliticly require gssapi for HAVE_KRB5 and remove HAVE_GSSAPI

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Feb 13 13:25:24 MST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 08:52 -0500, simo wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 06:14 +0100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > s3-build: expliticly require gssapi for HAVE_KRB5 and remove
> > HAVE_GSSAPI
>
> Sorry, but I do not get why you are using the wrong definition here.
> You do depend on GSSAPI not on krb5 raw libraries, so I would expect you
> drop the HAVE_KRB5 and instead require only HAVE_GSSAPI.
>
> What's up with doing the reverse ?

As you have noticed, I was trying to follow up on our discussion about
the number of different variables used for this.

For this patch, it was simply the smaller change.  As you know, many any
of the our blocks of GSSAPI-dependent code are already protected with
HAVE_KRB5, because it is the only GSSAPI mech we really support, and for
some time now we have only supported krb5 with GSSAPI.

I'm sorry for not checking with you on the details of which name you
preferred, and I'm happy to sweep over the code base and change it all
to HAVE_GSSAPI if you like.