standalone build of ldb didn't support -k switch nor -U

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Feb 12 21:53:18 MST 2012

On 02/12/2012 02:24 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-02-12 at 14:19 -0800, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just discovered today that building ldb as a system library means that
>> ldb* tools won't support a lot of the "standard" command line options
>> like -U or -k.
>>
>> I guess it's because we don't include
>> source4/lib/cmdline/popt_credentials.c in the build, maybe worth having
>> a couple of options still if build in standalone mode no ?
> The idea (perhaps there are bugs) is that the standalone build of ldb
> does not make network connections, unless it finds the Samba modules
> during startup, which then loads the popt stuff.
Ok fair.
But for the moment due to symbols mismatch it's not really working:

open("/usr/local/samba/lib/ldb//ldbsamba_extensions.so", O_RDONLY) = 3
open("/usr/local/samba/lib/libcmdline-credentials.so", O_RDONLY) = -1
ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/samba/lib/private/libcmdline-credentials.so", O_RDONLY) = 3
write(2, "ldb: unable to dlopen /usr/local"..., 230ldb: unable to dlopen
/usr/local/samba/lib/ldb//ldbsamba_extensions.so :
/usr/local/systemsamba/lib/ldb/libpopt.so: version
`SAMBA_4.0.0ALPHA18_GIT_567F05E' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/lib/ldb//ldbsamba_extensions.so)

Then the output is:
You must supply a url with -H or with $LDB_URL
Usage: ldbsearch <options> <expression> <attrs...>
Usage: [OPTION...]
   -H, --url=URL               database URL
   -b, --basedn=DN             base DN
   -e, --editor=PROGRAM        external editor
   -s, --scope=SCOPE           search scope
   -v, --verbose               increase verbosity
   --trace                     enable tracing
   -i, --interactive           input from stdin
   -r, --recursive             recursive delete
   --modules-path=PATH         modules path
   --num-searches=INT          number of test searches
   --num-records=INT           number of test records
   -a, --all                   (|(objectClass=*)(distinguishedName=*))
   --nosync                    non-synchronous transactions
   -S, --sorted                sort attributes
   -o=OPTION                   ldb_connect option
   --controls=STRING           controls
   --show-binary               display binary LDIF
   --paged                     use a paged search
   --show-deleted              show deleted objects
   --show-recycled             show recycled objects
   --show-deactivated-link     show deactivated links
   --reveal                    reveal ldb internals
   --relax                     pass relax control
   --cross-ncs                 search across NC boundaries
   --extended-dn               show extended DNs

Help options:
   -?, --help                  Show this help message
   --usage                     Display brief usage message

Matthieu.
--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team