Assume smbtorture4 for 'make test'?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Feb 12 17:02:02 MST 2012

I'm working to improve our test coverage, and working with Tridge to get
s3fs passing tests, so that we can change the default file server.

In doing that, I'm would like to combine our tests.py files.  This would
make it easier to find (it will be in the top level selftest directory),
and further reduce the spread of files that make it hard for developers
to work on and with the selftest system.

It will also make it easier to run all tests against all the appropriate
target environments, increasing our test converage.

The test system would of course be modified to not run tests where the
target environment is not present (for example, if Kerberos is not
installed, or this isn't a Samba4 build), but it would be most helpful
if I could assume that smbtorture4 is always available, as a combined
tests.py would run this to determine the list of tests.

We already have a requirement for python and perl to even run 'make
test', and require special configure options.  The additional
requirement here is python-devel, so that we can build smbtorture4.

I can't see how this would cause any major issues, but if it concerns
you, please let me know soon.

Thanks,