NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID and idmap corruption

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 17 03:20:57 MST 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 15:15 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> This error is returned when the idmap database holds sids with an
> unexpected type, which could certainly happen due to an error during the
> import.

This issue has been identified as a bug in the upgrade script.  A fix is
in amitay's autobuild, and should be in master once he fixes one more
test bug.  We apologise for the error, and hope to introduce some more
robust tests to prevent such issues in future.

git://git.samba.org/amitay/samba s3-upgrade-wip