Replication between DCs

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Nov 13 11:32:20 MST 2011

On 13/11/2011 17:27, Dave Craft wrote:
> It appears that the KCC (replication topology generator) is currently
> not maintaining
> or adding this attribute (mS-DS-ReplicatesNCReason).   In the AD
> schema, that attr
> is listed as "may contains" so its not currently required.
>
> Having said that the KCC will maintain this attribute in a future
> version of the code
> as its relevent for administrative purposes (particularly in
> multi-site) as well as recording issues
> during topology generation.
Patches for this are welcome !

> Bottom line....I don't think that message signals a problem for your
> configuration.
Exactly for the moment it's important to verify the status of the
replication.

For instance
DC=test,DC=samba,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net
     Default-First-Site-Name\S2-W2K8R2 via RPC
         DSA object GUID: 1b179fd5-d6de-44df-ab9d-2b60044bcbb0
         Last attempt @ Sun Nov 13 18:36:41 2011 CET failed, result 8
(WERR_NOMEM)
         9 consecutive failure(s).
         Last success @ Sun Nov 13 14:06:35 2011 CET

is not good (although in my case it's not such an issue).

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team