tkey-gssapi-keytab - Bind 9.8.1

Mike Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 00:42:07 MST 2011

On 09/11/11 23:51, Bob Cavey wrote:
> Are you running CentOS 6.1? If not try upgrading ... It was not until
> 6.1 that you no longer needed to re-build named.
>
>   Cheers,
>   - B
>
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Mike Howard<mike at dewberryfields.co.uk>  wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I know this isn't strictly a samba 4 issue but it's related.
>>
>> I'm using CentOS 6 and I've built bind 9.8.1 but on starting it up it
>> complains;
>>
>> /etc/named.conf:11: unknown option 'tkey-gssapi-keytab'
>>
>> I've inserted the line;
>>
>> tkey-gssapi-keytab "/usr/local/samba/private/dns.keytab";
>>
>> into the options{} section of my named.conf file.
>>
>> I built bind with various options, i.e, initially, simply with
>> './configure', then with './configure --with-openssl=/usr
>> --with-gssapi=/usr' and a couple of other variations.
>>
>> I'm _obviously_ doing something stupid but any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike.

Hi Bob,

I just tried that but to no avail. The upgrade brought me to 'BIND
9.7.3-P3-RedHat-9.7.3-2.el6_1.P3.2' but following the 'Instructions for
bind9 9.7.x' in the wiki results in;

Error in named configuration:
/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf.update:2: unknown option 'update-policy'

which I guess is ultimately the same problem as I've got with building
9.8.1.

Regards,
Mike