<AD join failed>Samba not able to join AD-Domain in Pure IPv6

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 16 08:42:33 MDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 23:44 -0700, okmanoj wrote:
> Dear Samba-Team,
>
> While testing samba, I found my samba client (3.5.8, 3.3.15) not able to
> join windows 2008 server if Only IPv6 address are enabled on server (IPv4
> address is disabled from "Local Area Connection property").
>
> I hope this is not new issue, however while debugging  this issue i found in
> many place samba is considering only IPv4 address (not IPv6) for example
> lib/util_sock.c (open_udp_socket(), interpret_addr())
>
> Currently I am try to debug this issue, meanwhile If samba members can help
> me identifying any setting required for this issue it will be great and save
> re-work.

I would first try and use Samba 3.6 or master, but there are still parts
of the domain membership code that suffers from this problem (I noticed
this when doing other work nearby).  We know this is a problem, and it
is the goal of Samba to be IPv6 ready.

Jeremy (CC'ed) has taken a special interest in this area.