[Samba] GPMC Permissions

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun May 15 06:14:45 MDT 2011

Hi Ryan,

As much as possible try to put the list in copy, some persons might have
the problem as you, they might be interested by the solutions  !

So on ext4 you need to mount the system with the option user_xattr (or
mount -o remount,user_xattr /path/to/samba/provision), I think it's
written in the samba4 howto !

Once you have done this setting ACLs should work.

You can use the two patches attached to this mail to run
upgradeprovision with the --fixntacl option, it will just touch the ACLs
on the sysvol share (could be run safely in a multidomain DC).

Matthieu.