A Samba 4.0 alpha 16 next week?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 9 17:34:58 MDT 2011

The OpenChange team would greatly appreciate a Samba 4.0 alpha next
week, in order to meet some timing constraints with evolution-mapi.

The OpenChange team cannot use a past alpha release as they need a
number of the recent fixes, such as 8bit strings in NDR, and also need
to cope with flag days we have introduced in the codebase, such as
removing lp_ctx arguments and the server_id_str() function I added last
night (due to renamed of server_id elements).

I therefore propose to work with Jelmer to cut Samba 4.0 alpha 16 next
week.

I know there will be a number of features and fixes that folks want to
get into the tree, but there will always be another release, and I would
very much like not to have this slip.