Deleted object removal through kcc

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Jun 8 01:52:04 MDT 2011

Hello Tridge,

Yesterday I had a deeper look at your kcc_delete implementation and
fixed it so that it include the show_deleted control so that ldb_delete
can really remove deleted objects (otherwise objectclass was returning a
not found error code).

The thing is that kcc_delete do a such on all "Deleted Object"
containers of the different partition, while good it's not complete as
some objects are not moved in Deleted Objects container I'm thinking of
the servers and ntds entries of removed DCs that have the
DISALLOW_MOVE_ON_DELETE flag.

The way to fix it is to make a search in each partition with
'(isDeleted=TRUE)' but as the size of the partition can be very big it
will be very costly, do you have any idea of any trick to avoid this ?

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org