encryption on network

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jul 28 18:14:35 MDT 2011

Yes I realize that. But that's not what you said. You said:
"The SMB protocol does not provide any mechanism for encrypting traffic
between clients and servers." - but that's not generically true,
only between *Microsoft* clients and servers.

You made it sound like that was definitive, and you are the
acknowledged authority on CIFS/SMB, so I couldn't let that
stand. People link to your posts here :-).

> Please allow me to join the choir on that.  (I'll sit at the back and not
> get in anyone's way.)  [winky face]

Maybe if we all wish REALLY HARD, Steve and Jeff will hear
us.. :-).

Jeremy.